BME Lecturer, Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering,University of Tennessee, Knoxville
September 2013-September 2017
Research Scientist and Clinical Neurophysiologist, Colorado Neurological Institute Neuromodulation Lab, Denver, CO
August 2008-August 2013
Graduate Research Associate, University of Utah Neural Engineering Lab, Salt Lake City, UT
August 2006-June 2008
Undergraduate Research Assistant,University of Pittsburgh Rehab Neural Engineering Lab, Pittsburgh, PA
- PhD, 2013, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Biomedical Engineering, Track: Neural Interfaces
- BS, 2008, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Biomedical Engineering, Minor: Chemistry
- Advisory Board Member, University of Denver Professional Sciences Master’s Program in Biomedical Sciences, 2016 – 2017
- Educator, Parkinson’s Disease Support Groups and Patient Events, 2015 – 2017
- Research Advisor, University of Denver Biology Department, 2015 – 2017
- Volunteer, Women in STEM Initiatives, 2015 – 2017
- Member, Colorado Neurological Institute Research Committee, 2014 – 2017
- Supervisory Committee Member, University of Denver Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, 2013 – 2017
J. A. Thompson, S. Oukal, H. Bergman, S. Ojemann, A. O. Hebb, S. Hanrahan, Z. Israel and A. Abosch, “Semi-automated application for estimating subthalamic nucleus boundaries and optimal target selection for deep brain stimulation implantation surgery,” Submitted to Journal of Neurosurgery on 2017 June 30. Resubmission in progress.
A. Pegah*, S. J. Hanrahan*, S. S. Kellis and P. A. House, “Non Ictal Onset Zone: A Window to Ictal Dynamics,” Epilepsy & Behavior Case Reports 2017 Oct 11.
S. Niketeghad, A. O. Hebb, J. Nedrud, S. J. Hanrahan and Mahoor M.H., "Motor Task Detection from Human STN using Interhemispheric Connectivity," in IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2017 Sep 21.
H. M. Golshan, A. O. Hebb, S. J. Hanrahan, J. Nedrud and M. H. Mahoor, “A
hierarchical structure for human behavior classification using STN local field
potentials,” J Neurosci Methods. 2017 Oct 7; 293: 254-263.
S. J. Hanrahan, J. J. Nedrud, B. S. Davidson, S. Farris, M. Giroux, A. Haug, M. H. Mahoor, A.K. Silverman, J. J. Zhang and A. O. Hebb, “Long-Term Task- and Dopamine-Dependent Dynamics of Subthalamic Local Field Potentials in Parkinson’s Disease,” Brain Sci. 2016 Nov 29; 6 (4). pii: E57.
E. Smith, S. Duede, S. Hanrahan, T. Davis, P. House and B. Greger, “Seeing is believing: neural representations of visual stimuli in human auditory cortex correlate with illusory auditory perceptions,” PLoS One. 2013 Sep 4; 8 (9): e73148.
S. J. Hanrahan, B. Greger, R. A. Parker, T. Ogura, S. Obara, T. D. Egan and P. A. House, “The effects of propofol on local field potential spectra, action potential firing rate, and their temporal relationship in humans and felines,” Front Hum Neurosci. 2013 Apr 9; 7: 136.