Mechanical, Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering Department
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Department of Interventional Radiology
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Department of Biomedical Engineering
University of Michigan
Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Michigan
- Cardiovascular Biomechanics
- Ultrasound Imaging
- Mass Spectrometry Imaging
- Preclinical Models for Cardio-oncology
My research interests build upon my work on thermal therapies and preclinical imaging with applications to cardiovascular disease and cardio-oncology. The lab’s goal is to understand the cardiovascular modification caused by disease and treatments using multimodal imaging techniques to provide new strategies for early detection, monitoring, and mitigating of cardiovascular damage caused by cancer and cancer treatments.
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
Dissertation: Quantifying temperature’s effect on the cardiovascular system
- MSE, Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
- BS, Polymer and Fiber Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- American Society for Mechanical Engineering
- Contributing Member of Thermal Medicine Standard Committee (July 2020-June 2025)
- Co-chair of Tissue Properties: Physiology subgroup
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)
- Association for Clinical and Translation Science
- Translational Science 2021 Conference Planning Committee
- Newcomers 2021 Mentor and Planning Committee
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Georgia Tech Alumni Association
- Stamps President’s Scholar Events and Communications Committees
- Mass Spectrometry Imaging Society
- Session Chair: 24-Hour International Mass Spectrometry Imaging
- Society for Thermal Medicine
- Junior Session Chair: 2019 STM Annual Meeting
- ASME Bioengineering Lexicon participant
Awards and Recognitions
ASMS Emerging Talents: Academia, November 2020
NSF-AGEP Research Exchange Retreat (Stanford), October 2019
Society for Thermal Medicine Scholar-in-Training Travel Award, May 2019
Rackham Professional Development Grant, January 2019
California Alliance Research Exchange, November 2018
Biomedical Engineering Society Career Development Award, October 2018
World Congress of Biomechanics Diversity Travel Award, July 2018
NASA Sponsorship to International Aeronautical Congress, May 2016
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Honorable Mention, April 2016
Fuentes D, Thompson E, Jacobsen M, Crouch AC, Layman RR, Riviere B, Cressman E. Imaging-based characterization of convective tissue properties. Int J Hyperthermia. 2020 Dec;37(3):155-163. PubMed PMID: 33426993
Stolley DL, Crouch AC, Özkan A, Seeley EH, Whitley EM, Rylander MN, Cressman ENK. Combining Chemistry and Engineering for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Nano-Scale and Smaller Therapies. Pharmaceutics. 2020 Dec 20;12(12). Review. PubMed PMID: 33419304; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7766014.
Crouch AC, Cao AA, Scheven UM, Greve JM. In Vivo MRI Assessment of Blood Flow in Arteries and Veins from Head-to-Toe Across Age and Sex in C57BL/6 Mice. Ann Biomed Eng. 2020 Jan;48(1):329-341. PubMed PMID: 31456089; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6930323.
Crouch AC, Scheven UM, Greve JM. Cross-sectional areas of deep/core veins are smaller at lower core body temperatures. Physiol Rep. 2018 Aug;6(16):e13839. PubMed PMID: 30155984; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6113131.
Crouch AC, Castle PE, FitzGerald LN, Scheven UM, Greve JM. Assessing structural and functional response of murine vasculature to acute β-adrenergic stimulation in vivo during hypothermic and hyperthermic conditions. Int J Hyperthermia. 2019;36(1):1137-1146. PubMed PMID: 31744344; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6874305.
Castle PE, Scheven UM, Crouch AC, Cao AA, Goergen CJ, Greve JM. Anatomical location, sex, and age influence murine arterial circumferential cyclic strain before and during dobutamine infusion. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2019 Jan;49(1):69-80. PubMed PMID: 30291650
Crouch AC, Manders AB, Cao AA, Scheven UM, Greve JM. Cross-sectional area of the murine aorta linearly increases with increasing core body temperature. Int J Hyperthermia. 2018 Nov;34(7):1121-1133. PubMed PMID: 29103320; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6120795.
Kuruvilla SP, Tiruchinapally G, Crouch AC, ElSayed MEH, Greve JM. Dendrimer-doxorubicin conjugates exhibit improved anticancer activity and reduce doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in a murine hepatocellular carcinoma model. PLoS One. 2017;12(8):e0181944. PubMed PMID: 28829785; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5567696.
Restrepo M, Crouch AC, Haggerty CM, Rossignac J, Slesnick TC, Kanter KR, Yoganathan AP. Hemodynamic Impact of Superior Vena Cava Placement in the Y-Graft Fontan Connection. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016 Jan;101(1):183-9. PubMed PMID: 26431925.