Interim Dean, Tickle College of Engineering, Condra Chair, and Chancellor's Professor
Interim Dean, Tickle College of Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Condra Chair Professor and Head, Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Interim Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Professor, Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Biomedical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Joint Faculty, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Energy and Transportation Science Division
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
Assistant Professor/Research Associate, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Pennsylvania State University
- Electrochemical power conversion and storage including polymer electrolyte fuel cells, flow battery systems, and biological energy systems.
- Multi-phase transport visualization and characterization.
- Computational simulation of electrochemical power conversion and storage systems.
- Electrochemical methods of hazardous waste conversion.
- Simulation of the influence of rapidly evolving socio-cultural factors on decision making and group opinion dynamics.
PhD, 2000, The Pennsylvania State University
MSME, 1996, The Pennsylvania State University
BSME, 1994, The Pennsylvania State University
- ASME Fellow
- ASME Department Head Executive Committee
- Associate Editor of ASME Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology
- Former Executive Vice President, International Associate for Hydrogen Energy (IAHE)
- Associate Editor (Emeritus), International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- Invited speaker to over 60 Universities, Research Laboratories, and Conferences
- Reviewer for Numerous Journals
- Conference Chair, 2008 Gordon Research Conference on Fuel Cells
- Advisory Board Member, Session Chair, or Organizer for Numerous Technical Conferences
- NSF Early Career Development (CAREER) Awardee 2007
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Member, Electrochemical Society
- NASA Graduate Research Fellowship (GSRP) 2000
Awards and Recognitions
- 2020 Chancellor's Professor
- 2016 List of The 150 Most Cited Scholars in Energy Research by Elsevier Scopus Data
- UT College of Engineering Translational Research Award, 2016
- UT Research Foundation Start Up Award, 2016
- The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds: 2014
- 2013 UTK College of Engineering Research Fellow Award
- Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researchers (top 1% cited authors in engineering category for 2002-2012)
- Outstanding and Premier Teaching Awards, Penn State Engineering Society 2006 and 2009.