Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee
Senior Engineer and Group Leader, Applied Research Associates
Senior Engineer, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
Mechanics and Materials Engineer, Exponent Failure Analysis Associates
Phantom Works, Engineer/Scientist Specialist, The Boeing Company
- High performance computing
- Structural mechanics
- Fracture mechanics
- Numerical simulation
PhD, Cornell University
MS, Purdue University
Honors BS, Penn State University
- National Academy of Engineering's US Frontiers of Engineering Program, 2015
- Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Faculty Advisor, Tau Beta Pi and Society of Women Engineers
Awards and Recognitions
- 2016 Angie Warren Perkins Award
- 2016 MABE Outstanding Junior Faculty Award
- Moses E. and Mayme Brooks Distinguished Professor Award, 2015
- Penn State Schreyer Honors College Outstanding Alumni Mentor, 2014
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award, 2014
Weigand, J. and TerMaath, S. (in review) Sensitivity Analysis of Out-of-Plane Composite Lamina Properties Relative to Configuration and Constitutive Properties. AIAA Journal.
Goodmiller, G. and TerMaath, S. (in review) Investigation of Composite Patch Performance under Low Velocity Impact Loading. AIAA Journal.
Adley, M., Frank, A., Danielson, K., Akers, S., Cargile, J., Patterson, B., and TerMaath, S. (2012) Generating penetration resistance functions with a virtual penetration laboratory (VPL). International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, 12(4).
Yavuz, A.K., Phoenix, S.L., and TerMaath, S.C. (2006) An accurate and fast analysis for strongly interacting multiple crack configurations including kinked (V) and branched (Y) cracks. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 43(22-23), pp. 6727-6750.
Yavuz, A.K., Phoenix, S.L., and TerMaath, S.C. (2006) Multiple Crack Analysis in Finite Plates. AIAA Journal, 44(11), pp. 2535-2541.
TerMaath, S.C., Phoenix, S.L., and Hui, C.-Y. (2006) An analytical technique for studying interacting cracks of complex geometry in 2D. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 73(8), pp. 1086-1114.